1. What is IOLProperty?
IOLProperty is Independent newspaper's property portal.
It was developed to compliment Independent's market-leading print publications which include the Star and KZN Property Guides.
IOLProperty makes use of webcrawler technology to generate the largest list of properties available at any source in South Africa.
By providing the widest selection of properties, we give househunters the best chance of finding their dream homes.
The site was launched in January 2009, and barely 18 months later, is already attracting almost 200,000 unique visitors each month
2. How do I list my properties on IOLProperty ?
Visit our estate agent advertising page
for all the information you'll need.
3. How often does IOLProperty refresh my listings ?
All listings are refreshed over a 24 hour cycle. New listings are added, listing details are updated and de-listed properties are removed.
Alternatively our agent admin facility allows you to update key data on all of your listings instantaneously - click here
to do so.
4. Some of my inactive/sold listings still seem to be on IOLProperty ?
The only way these listings can still be Active
on IOLProperty is if they are still listed on the source system e.g. your own website, property-south-africa.com or a portal where you list your properties (e.g. Cyberprop, Myproperty, SAHometraders etc).
To see from where your listing is being sourced, navigate to the property details page and click the "View on Agent's Site" button.
Alternatively, you can remove old listings immediately by updating the status of the property to sold/let or inactive here
5. I can't find one or more of my listings in the IOLProperty search results?
There can be a number of reasons for this:
- Check that you are not performing your property search with the "Listed" paramater set to fewer days than the age of your listing. Change the Listed parameter to "Any Time" to view all the last 12 months' listings.
- The listing is too old. For sale properties older than 12 months and rental properties older than 6 months are not shown in property searches.
If they are still available, you can re-include them in our property searches by verifying the property.
- We haven't updated your listing data since you added your listing. Updates happen on average every 48 hours. There is a paid option to increase the update frequency to daily - Contact us for details.
- We couldn't match the suburb name you used in your listing. This could be because either it is too vague (like 'Central', 'City'), contains a typo or
is not a suburb we use (e.g. using a block of flats or a small development's name as the suburb name). On the listing admin page,
set the listings filter to properties matching suburb "Unknown" to view those listings. You can then manually change to the correct suburb.
- The listing is missing contact details
If, on the other hand, you can
see a listing in the main property searches
, but can't see it in your listing admin page
it will be because the property is listed with a different set of contact details (e.g. your office administrator or a second agent for that listing).